Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Filling and Balancing



This assignment involves using my strobe (or flash) to show light that can be seen by the human eye, but cannot be captured as easily by the camera. "Filling" a photo is using the flash to eliminate shadows on a subject in a "high noon" situation. So I went tailgating! They were definitely the kindest crowd I've ever photographed (and most generous with their beverages). I've withheld the caption as requested by the subjects.



An outtake. I used the strobe in this situation to balance the light coming in from the window, which was extremely bright. Using the flash and adjusting my own camera settings will bring down the harsh light behind the subject (which was putting her face in shadow) and put more light on her face.

No comments: