Sunday, January 4, 2009


So this is a very early rendition of a movie poster I'm working on for the film I shot this summer. The idea behind all these promotional posters is to convey that this film is a very 1980s blockbuster type film. We really wished we had a painter to paint our posters for us, but seeing as none of us are being paid, that didn't really work out. So I'm left to the magic of photoshop. Thanks Adobe!

We had our photoshoot today. The director, director of photography and I had a brainstorming meeting a few days ago and came up with some great ideas. I think I made a mistake I used to make all the time when I first started taking photos though. I had already drawn these images in my mind and so when I was shooting I was getting more and more disappointed that I wasn't getting what was in my head. I thought I had overcome this but, apparently, I was in totally new territory and reverted to a less experienced sense of state. Real existential shit.

No comments: